Dr Abayomi Ajayi
Dr Abayomi Ajayi is the Chief Executive Officer of Nordica Fertility Centre, with offices in Abuja, Asaba, and Lagos.
He is the founder of the Endometriosis Support Group (ESGN) and co-founder of the African Endometriosis Awareness and Support Group. His bias for endometriosis led to him championing continuous research, training and advocacy on the subject for over 18 years.
He is the Convener of the Dr Abayomi Ajayi Physicians Mentoring program, a platform that provides mentorship and guidance for young medical professionals.
He established the Fibroid Care Centre, a dedicated centre for minimally and non-invasive treatment of benign gynaecological conditions where the only HIFU machine in West Africa is domiciled.
Dr Ezekiel Mecha
Dr Mecha is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
He holds a doctorate in human Biology from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences of Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany.
Dr Mecha has more than 15 years of experience in research, training and advocacy of reproductive health conditions including endometriosis, adenomyosis, fibroids and other uterine disorders.
Dr Mecha is an Executive Board Member of the World Endometriosis Society, a member of the World Endometriosis Society Mentoring Programme and above all, in November 2021, he was appointed the World Endometriosis Society Ambassador.
Dr Harald Krentel
Dr Harald Krentel is a specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics, a certified Gynecological Oncologist and a certified specialist in Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIC III (AGE)). He is specialized in surgery for deep endometriosis and gynaecological cancer.
The Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecological Oncology at Bethesda Hospital Duisburg, Germany is a certified centre for gynaecological cancer, breast cancer and deep endometriosis and adenomyosis surgery. Krentel is the author of several publications, a reviewer of various international journals and a live surgeon at national and international conferences.
- Director of Clinic for Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecological Oncology, Bethesda Hospital Duisburg, Academic Teaching Hospital, Germany
- Head of Gynecological Cancer Center, Bethesda Hospital, Duisburg, Germany
- Associate Professor at Department for Gynecology at Carl-von-Ossietzky University, Oldenburg, Germany
- Visiting Professor for Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
- President of European Endometriosis League
- Vice-Chair of ESGE Special Interest Group Endometriosis
- Member of Advisory Board, German scientific endometriosis foundation
- Member of Advisory Board, AGEM, Germany
- Member of ESGE SIG Reproductive Surgery
- Medical Director of the Peruvian German Center of Gynaecological Surgery, CEGPA Medical Consulting, Lima, Perú
- Board member of the German Society of Women’s Health in development cooperation, FIDE, Germany
Dr Charles Omwandho
Dr Charles Omwandho is a Professor at the department of Biochemistry and served as Dean, of the School of Medicine at the University of Nairobi from 2010 to 2014.
He holds a PhD in Reproductive Immuno-biochemistry from Newcastle University Australia (1998) and is an endometriosis researcher.
He was a member of the Joint Directors Consultative Committee, the highest technical advisory forum for the East, Central and Southern African (ECSA) Health Community (2010 to 2014) and a founding Committee member for the development of concepts, strategies, business plans and Establishment of The ECSA College of Health Sciences in Arusha, Tanzania in 2013.
He is currently the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Academic, Research and Students’ Affairs at Kirinyaga University and a member of the National Universities – Industry Collaborations Committee, Kenya.
Prof Jamal Fikri
Endoscopic surgery and ART
President of Moroccan College of Fertility CMF
Board member and founder of Moroccan Society of Gynecological Endoscopy
Head of postgraduate degree on reproductive medicine. Abul Cassis University-Rabat
Head of IVF unit, Al Boustane Clinic- Rabat
International lecturer for SIRU, Global Congress of Hysteroscopy, Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction, African Fertility Society, Local Societies.
Book chapters and Articles
Dr Spire Kiggundu
Dr Kiggundu Spire is a Gynaecologist and obstetrician working with Henrob Laparoscopy Hospital Kampala Uganda with special interest in reproductive health, infertility and endometriosis, I have trained over 70 specialists in minimal access surgery.
- MbchB, Mmed obstetrics & Gynaecology Makerere University
- Diploma of Minimal Access Surgery; WLH Delhi 2020
- Fellowship of Minimal access surgery; WLH Delhi
- Fellowship in ART India
- President of the association of laparoscopic surgeons of Uganda (ALASU)
- Founder and director of Henrob laparoscopy hospital Kampala
- President of the world association of Laparoscopic Surgeons- Ugandan chapter
- Associate member Royal College of Gynaecologists (RCOG) -UK
- Member world association of laparoscopic surgeons; WALES
- Member association of obstetricians and Gynecologists of Uganda (AOGU)
- Member Uganda Fertility Society
- Member World Endometriosis Society and EEL